Thursday, November 15, 2007
The time has finally come! We have carefully planned our production schedule to allow us to remodel the studio over Thanksgiving weekend. We are so excited!! We hope to have everything back in order by Sunday....but you never know what we might run into! If you are in the area and still see the lights on at 3 am, please feel free to stop by and bring us caffeinated beverages!
Saturday, November 10, 2007
We found these wedding statistics to be pretty interesting and we think you will too! I would have expected more people to get hitched in Vegas though. We seem to work with quite a few Vegas weddings, so this number was shockingly less that I imagined. I would love to see an overall"destination wedding" statistic. Anyone?
- There are somewhere around 2.5 million weddings every year in the United States.
- June is the most popular month for weddings, then August, followed by September and October.
- The average budget for a wedding is estimated to be $20,000.
- So... about $40 BILLION is spent on weddings every year in the U.S.
- There are a few people around who believe this number is as high as $70 BILLION a year.
- A couple will spend an average of $3,800 for their honeymoon.
- 99% of newly married couples will plan and take a honeymoon.
- Couples are waiting longer to get married.
- The average age of the first time bride is 26, the first time groom 28.
- The average household income of a newly married couple is $55,000/annually.
- More than 115,000 weddings are performed in Las Vegas every year!
- More than 20,000 weddings are performed in Hawaii every year.
- The average wedding has 175 guests (invited).
- A recent study indicates 1/2 of all brides will use a wedding consultant or wedding day coordinator.
Friday, November 2, 2007
In the meantime, feel free to send us suggestions of topics you would like to see covered in our blog! What do our brides really want? Is it etiquette information, photos of stuff we are working on, current trends in color and style? Please let us know!
Stephanie and Stacy