Monday, March 23, 2009

Etiquette Question of the Week 3/23/2009

Q: When should I make the RSVP deadline on my response card? I need to make sure I have enough time to do the seating chart so I was thinking of 6 weeks before the wedding. Is that too early?

A: We suggest giving a deadline of between 3-4 weeks before the event. Most caterers need the food count 1-2 weeks before so our suggested deadline leaves plenty of time for following up with the procrastinators and for finalizing the seating arrangements. There is no rule that says you can't set the deadline at 6 weeks...though statistics show that you will have less cancellations or no-shows the closer the RSVP deadline is to the event.

Ask the experts! Submit your very own question on our website - you will receive an email response with the answer within 48 hours - plus your question could be featured in an upcoming blog or newsletter.

No comments: